Tuesday 20 November 2012

Kawaii Fashion: my Japanese Beauty Product Mini-Haul!

Before we start, the store's name is Kawaii Fashion, I'm not trying to be cute and faux-fluent in Japanese with that title. It's a really adorable store in Adelaide that sells Japanese cosmetics, beauty products, and recently added a section with homewares under $2.80.

I bought a few things and ended up spending a LOT so it felt like a haul even though it doesn't look like much.

I bought the small black bowl with glitter and hearts, not for any reason other than it being cute and girly, a lavender face flannel with black lace and embroidered diamond, DHC Deep Cleansing Oil (to try because I hate the Dermalogica one I own; will review soon), a gel-nail top coat, an eyeliner and a small stackable food container which I just thought was pretty cute and useful.


I'm going to do a quick review on the eyeliner. Just before we start, I'd like to mention that while shopping in this store I'm often doing it essentially 'blind' - most products have fully-Japanese labels which I can't read, so I tend to select things with cute packaging which sometimes don't end up being what I thought they were. In this case, I thought I'd bought a brown eyeliner crayon/pencil, which turned out to be a container of shimmery eyeshadow powder with a built-in sponge tip applicator. Still useful.

Product: 'MakeMania Data Graduation Tip Shadow'. Obviously I don't know the name of the shade, and to be honest I had to google a bit just to find out the name of the brand and product.

Price: around $23.

Shade and Quality: The photo of the shade is fairly true to life, it's a cool medium-dark mocha brown with a sparkle rating of 7/10. The sponge tip applicator means you can draw a solid line for an eyeliner-like look that's less harsh than a solid line of generic eyeliner pencil, or you can smudge it over the lid and blend for a soft shimmery eyeshadow. The only complaint is that like most shimmery shadows it frankly has crap staying power. As you can see from the photos, with the slightest rub or smudge the colour fades super-fast and you get a lot of travelling sparkle, so don't accidentally rub your eyes while wearing this. Bonus points for the super-cute packaging though.

After one quick rub with my fingertip.

You can see how easily the glitter travels - my fingertip has a definite Edward Cullen-factor despite the blurry photo.

I definitely recommend you visit the Kawaii Fashions store if you live in Adelaide, but just quietly, don't expect great service. I've been followed around the store and even accused of shop lifting and had my bag inspected. Even my better experiences have involved luke-warm treatment. To be fair, I spend a lot of time 'loitering' in the aisles, but that's because I'm trying to decipher the labels on the product packaging. But whatever, the great range of cute things are worth the blah experience.

Kawaii Fashion
23-25 Gouger St, Adelaide



1 comment:

  1. Cute haul!!!!!!! :)
    Follow me? chiccupcake1.blogspot.com
    -jEN <3

    ReplyDelete